Friday, June 17, 2011

Berlin

I'll write more in regard to Berlin, but this is just plain funny.

I found a shop in old East Berlin, the very funky, hip and trendy suburb of Mitte, a shop that'll put anything on a t shirt or jumper for you. And some of you will know I lost my Wu-Tang jumper last year in unfortunate circumstances, so I decided to ask if they could do me another one. The lady in the shop didn't speak English overly well, and she didn't understand me when I asked if she had Word on her desktop so I could type the design out for a better understanding. Instead, I chose to show her a photo of me wearing the jumper that a girl from Melbourne had taken for her blog. ( www.missmacrostyle.com ) She seemed to understand my point and I paid for it and was told to return in 2 hours.

Upon return she seemed very happy to see me and then she produced the jumper..










I'm not in that greater mood just now, I've been awake for a couple of days at this point and I couldn't get to sleep in my sleeper carriage..


I was like eeerrrr, umm..... woa.. That's the coolest fucking jumper I've ever seen!

I'm very impressed and it definately tops my Dutch effort, but both are special in their own ways. To add, one of the dudes in the hostel suggested taking a photo of me wearing the jumper with his mate, then his mate will get that photo on a shirt, then the cycle can continue. We thought to start an FB page and only let people become members if they have a shirt with a photo of themselves with the last person to get the design wearing their design. Sounds moderately complicated and stupid, but it's quite an idea for a random chain!

Oh well, thought I'd share that one.. I'm in Sweden now. ner ner. Need sleep, after that.. There'll be more to share about Berlin and of course the trip and the surprise in Sweden!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I feel so nostalgic... I know exactly where you are and one day I hope you can make your way back there for the cultural experience. You will so appreciate it. Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't help but ROFL at your t-shirt. That is such a travel/language experience! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete